Are you a female ex offender?
Do you want to help others who are experiencing problems accessing services or believing in themselves?
Then we need YOU!
The ACT 4 Women service will provide the opportunity for VOLUNTEER PEER MENTORS to work alongside our professional staff in delivering the service. Volunteer Peer Mentors will be key members of the ACT 4 Women team.
We are looking FOR FEMALE EX OFFENDERS who reside in Merseyside and can pass-on valuable life skills and learning, advice and advocacy support to other women ex-offenders
Peer mentoring is provided as a means of motivating and supporting the women reach their goals. Providing better access to training and development opportunities by assisting and supporting those less confident to access services. Peer mentoring is a key method of enhancing women’s ability to see that change is possible.
- Travel around Merseyside (all travel expenses will be covered).
- Undertake confidential work with clients as directed.
- Support clients to achieve goals set out in their individual action plan.
- Accurately record client information gathered on approved forms.
- Always act in a professional manner whilst representing Apex Trust.
- Follow the standards as set in your training and induction
- Receive training and gain qualifications
- Develop new skills
- Receive personal development support
- Be given expenses for all your travel/childcare costs
- Receive recognition and support to undertake the role
Testimonial from client to mentor:
The trust has given me the confidence to move on with my life.
I will use my experiences to give something back by becoming a volunteer.
Apex Trust has given me the exact foundation to what I needed to progress into my future. I feel I have grew with confidence, and through each stage I feel I have been supported and encourage to fulfil my potentials. Can’t thank you enough.